Resilient, self-reliant and healthy communities of active and empowered citizens who work and share equitably the fruits of their labor and the natural wealth of the islands cognizant and respectful of its carrying capacity in a vibrant local economy, living in peace and solidarity with one another.
In order to attain the vision, the following Mission shall be pursued based on the Fundamentals of Governance adopted by the present Administration:
FUNDAMENTALS OF GOVERNANCE
- Participatory governance rooted in the principles of popular inclusion, empowerment and democratic processes.
- Equity and development for the people with preferential option for the poor and vulnerable.
- Human rights and dignity as the basis for development.
- Sustainable development and respect for the carrying capacity of the environment.
- Strong government bureaucracy composed of professional civil servants equipped with the capacity and skills for service delivery.
PILLARS OF THE GOVERNANCE
In order to achieve the Vision, the present Administration adopts the Six Pillars of Governance as its major goals and strategies.
- Protection and conservation of the environment and Ecosystems of Dinagat Islands.
- Ensuring food security and increasing incomes of productive sectors and poor communities.
- Caring for and protecting vulnerable sectors and the youth.
- Broadening and strengthening of venues for people’s participation in all level of governance.
- Increasing capacities of district hospitals as institutions for providing health services.
- Strengthening of Component Local Government Units and enhancing partnerships with Law Enforcement and other partner agencies for meaningful peace.
We, the officials and employees of the Provincial Government of Dinagat Islands, commit to:
- Serve you from Monday to Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM;
- Provide up-to-date information on our programs and services through our Agency facebook page; www.facebook.com/DinagatIslandsPIO;
- Attends you, as you enter the premises of our office;
- Assure you that you will be served by our employees with proper identification.